Monday, December 2, 2019

Little Child Lost from my book titled - Volume I


Hello readers,
  here is a poem from my book titled - Volume I .  I hope you like it! If so please leave a review! 

                                              - just One Opinion

Little Child Lost  
By Francine Olivier Wilson

Tall and strong and timbers brown;
Sails unfurled and prow that pounds.
Produced of timbers proud and rare;
of the darkest forest, anywhere.

Made to walk the plank with you;
Above the waters dark in hue.
Uplift us both then drop us there;
The darkest waters do not care.

Disoriented and askew
I grab the rail and hang on to
That darkest ship with eyes of blue.
On voyage to where I know not to.

An eastern wind on us bestows;
A tiny one with hair of gold.
One hair of darkest brown doth show;
To chart our voyage yet unknown.

I will catch the wind you see;
I will do my best for thee!
I’ll steer thee clear of rocks that be
Disguised below that darkest sea.

But ships of darkest wood do plot;
With dreaded thoughts and beams that rot.
They toss around and batter we;
Blinded by that darkest sea.

My fabric torn, no longer white;
Will guide us now through rain and plight.
Our ship was sunken without care;
By the darkest waters anywhere.

I will keep us warm and dry;
against darkest seas and tongues that lie.
Though truth is hardest now to hear;
Of sunken ships and sails that tear.

That ship in sinking transgressed against we;
It’s beams and sails afloat I see.
They choke us still upon the sand;
On beaches now unknown to man.

I will build my ship of beams
Who have no rot and sails that seem
To catch the wind and take us far;
From lies he spins to trap and mare!

Decisions made upon this night;
Are products of that sinking night.
Two abandoned, left in fear;
One resenting one who cared.

But care and truth go hand in hand;
Only can you with them stand.
Eyes that look but cannot see;
Little child lost to me.
            © 2016 Francine Olivier Wilson,  "All Rights Reserved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think in regard to this post...